The Yarralumla Primary School Board is made up of seven members of the school community:
- Three parent members elected by the community through the Parents and Citizens Association. One of the parents is elected Board Chair.
- Two elected teachers from the school staff.
- One Departmental nominee and,
- The Principal who is the Executive Officer of the Board.
The functions of the School Board are:
- To determine the educational policies to be implemented at the school;
- To assess, from time to time, the needs of the school in relation to provision of buildings and facilities, equipment, funds, teachers and other staff and make recommendations to the Chief Executive (the 'Authority' under the Act) with respect to the meeting of those needs;
- To determine the purposes for which funds made available for the school are to be expended;
- To make recommendations to the Chief Executive in respect of the use of the buildings, facilities and equipment of the school for purposes other than school purposes;
- To develop relationships between the school and the community and between the school and community organisations;
- To make recommendations to the Chief Executive on matters relating to the school; and
- Such other functions as the Chief Executive confers upon the Board.
The Board meets twice a term. Parents are informed about the work of the Board through a report at each P&C meeting and through the Newsletter. Staff members also receive a report at staff meetings.
Annual School Board Report
External School Review Report
School Strategic Plan