Vision, Purpose and Values
'To be a beacon school that cultivates a learning and collaborative community through English and Italian.'
Our Mission Statement
'We believe that ALL children have a right to develop, grow and learn in a society where each individual is valued and respected; where each individual in turn, values, respects and contributes positively to others and the environment which we all share.'
- To develop the whole child as a confident, resilient and articulate young person able to positively contribute as a bilingual citizen in a global world.
- To deliver a high quality curriculum integrating information technology, The Arts and sustainability for Yarralumla children to experience challenge and success at all ages and developmental levels.
- To foster welcoming and inclusive partnerships with Yarralumla parents and the wider Italian community to maximise opportunity and extension for all.
The values that guide our work are the 3i values: integrity, inclusion and innovation
- Integrity is 'walking our talk' through respectful, honest and trustworthy relationships with one another.
- Inclusion is being respectful of all members of our school community through compassion, grace and recognition of difference.
- Innovation is being creative, aspirational and courageous in our learning and teaching.
Our values are underpinned by the Positive Behaviours for Learning (PBL) Philosophy practices that are modelled and displayed in classrooms and corridors. Our focus is the S.T.A.R acronym that stands for Safe, Team Player, Active Learner and Respectful.
STAR Philosophy supportive practices: Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be aTeam Player
- Recognition of difference
STAR Philosophy supportive practices: Be a Team Player, Be Respectful
- Risk taking